1. What year did you join JNR? 2005
2. Where did you go to college? Clemson University
3. Why did you choose Jarrard, Nowell & Russell? My two partners and I had worked for large corporations for most of our careers and wanted to do something on our own, run our own business, make our own decisions, and utilize all that we had learned helping our clients.
4. What is your specialty at JNR and how do you go above and beyond to serve your clients? My corporate experience was primarily in financial analysis, treasury management, and risk management. I have developed an expertise in captive insurance that has provided me the ability to provide that knowledge to clients wanting to better manage their risks.
5. What do you enjoy most about living in Charleston? The Lowcountry is home to me, I was born here and have no desire to leave. It is a very different place than when I was born, the beauty and climate have attracted many new residents which has allowed the Lowcountry to develop into a thriving metropolitan community with much to offer.
6. What book or movie do you recommend to others and why? Out of the Pocket Football, Fatherhood, and College GameDay Saturdays by Kirk Herbstreit. I read this recently and shared it with my son when I was done. I love college football so the book was of particular interest to me; however there was much more to it than that. It went through his life, his struggles, his ups and downs and his diligent, hard work it took to succeed.
7. What interesting fact would you most like your readers to know about you? I was fortunate as a child to have the opportunity to live in the Philippines and I took a semester off from college to join the Army Reserves – one of the best decisions in my life.